GRAMMAR TOPIC - NOUN
Noun is a word that is used to name of a PERSON,PLACE ,FEELING , ANIMAL ,THING ,QUALITY,or ACTION .
TYPE OF NOUN
1) PROPER NOUN - It is noun which denotes the particular person ,place ,or thing . it is always written with capital letter at beginning to distinguish them from common nouns . EXAMPLE - 1. Human noun: John, Carry, Todd, Jenica, Melissa etc.
2. Institution, establishment, institution, authority, university nouns: Saint John High School, Health Association, British Language Institute, Oxford University, New York Governorship etc.
3. Nation, tribe, religion, sect nouns: British, German, Greek, American, Indian, Russian, Jewish, Christian, Judaism, Christianity etc.
4. Language nouns: Persian, English, French, Hungarian, Finnish, Tibetan etc.
5. City, District, District, neighborhood, street, boulevard, street nouns: London, Paris, Seoul, California etc.
2) COMMON NOUN - A common noun is the generic name for a person, place, or thing in a class or group.
* People: mother, father, baby, child, toddler, teenager, grandmother, student, teacher, minister, businessperson, salesclerk, woman, man
* Animals: lion, tiger, bear, dog, cat, alligator, cricket, bird, wolf
*Things: table, truck, book, pencil, iPad, computer, coat, boots,
*Places: city, state, country, continent, coffee shop, restaurant, park, zoo
*Ideas: envy, love, hate, respect, patriotism, pride
3) COLLECTIVE NOUN -A collective noun is a noun that represents a collection of individuals, usually people, such as: a team (for example: eleven football players) a family (for example: mother, father and two children).
Common examples of collective noun include: army, band, cast, committee, crowd, family, faculty, group, jury, society, school, staff
Here are some examples of common collective nouns used for animals:
An army of ants.
A flock of birds.
A flock of sheep.
A herd of deer.
A hive of bees.
A litter of puppies.
A murder of crows.
A pack of hounds.
4) ABSTRACT NOUN - Abstract nouns are things like ideas, concepts, feelings, and traits. For example, fear is an abstract noun that refers to a feeling. you can't see or touch the fear itself. Other examples of abstract nouns are justice and mercy.
5) MATERIAL NOUN -The definition of a material noun is a grammar term that refers to a material or substance from which things are made such as silver, gold, iron, cotton, diamond and plastic
I have a cricket bat in my closet.
The bat is made of wood from a tree.
My brother has a mobile phone.
The phone is made of plastic and metal.
I need some water for the cake.
The jug is on the table.
There is also a pen and a diary on it.
The pen is out of ink.
Your shirt has a button short.
This ring is made of gold and diamond.
The bricks are loose on this wall.